- What our technology eliminates: Most biologic drugs require weekly, or even daily, injection. Sustained release solves this practical problem directly, for biologics and for many other classes of new drug.
- Patents: About 55 billion dollars of annual revenue from biologic drugs expires in a few years - our novel formulation gives new patent life to existing drugs.
- Biology: Oral and systemic drugs have trouble getting into target organs like the brain. With sustained release, local organ therapy becomes possible, creating opportunities in Arthritis, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's, for example.
- Competition: Many indication spaces are crowded with substantially equivalent competitive drugs. Sustained release will create real advantages for licensors of TheraKine technology.
- Making new & existing drugs safer: The vast majority of experimental drugs fail safety testing due to acute toxicity, which is often caused by unstable pharmacokinetics, which sustained release may resolve.
- Profitability: TheraKine's technology permits patent extension, repurposing, and reformulation of new and existing drugs.
Tunable local sustained release for biologics and other sensitive drugs.
Biopharma companies need innovations to address serious competitive problems
Months of sustained release - re-formulate, re-purpose, and re-patent.
TheraKine Limited is a privately held drug delivery company. Founded in June, 2006, the Company has developed novel drug delivery technology for biologics and small molecules that address drug delivery challenges in multiple therapeutic areas. The Company has multiple patents approved, pending, and in preparation.